Friday, April 5, 2013


Happy Friday! 

WOW! What a gorgeous day!!!  I read most of the day.

Prayer:  Mighty Creator, it is on days like today that it is easy to give You praise for the glory of the blue sky, blooming flowers and the warm breeze.  Lord, when we see the beauty of Your creation we can stand in awesome wonder at the works Your hands have made.  God, You do great work. Thank You for letting us witness Your amazing creation and be the part of Your creation. You desire to love and have a relationship with us. We love You Lord. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord, Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”

1 Peter 1: 3

I am going to share a wonderful illustration of hope.

          A ship in really turbulent waters needs to anchor in a safe place. In stormy weather a large ship cannot safely make its way into the harbor because of the fierce waves that are tossing the boat. So a smaller boat goes out and meets the large ship and carries the anchor through the rough waters and into the harbor. When the anchor is dropped, the ship is secure even though it is still in rough waters.

This is how the anchor of hope keeps our souls firmly secure in the arms of the Savior.  We can rest in hope while in the midst of the storms of life. For hope to be secure we must place our hope solidly in God; the same Savior God who died on the cross to pay the price for OUR sin. After Christ died on the cross and was resurrected, the act of resurrection empowered Jesus to be the living hope for us forever.  It is this living hope that allows Christ to be alive within us.

So my friends, let us keep our hope anchored in the living hope of Christ every day and especially during the storm of life.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint! Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: