Wednesday, January 23, 2013


Happy Tuesday! 

Prayer:  Lord, as I prepare for the week ahead, I ask that You walk before me and show me the path You have provided for me. Guide me into the situations and circumstances that You want me to experience. Direct me to the people in my life who You want me to reach for Your glory. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

“I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel; my heart also instructs me in the night seasons. I have set the LORD always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.”
Psalm 16: 7-8

As many of you know there is a wedding in our near future. Our son, Travis, is marrying Sarah in May.  Even though the bride and her family have almost innumerable responsibilities, the groom’s family has a number of things we are responsible for as well.  Our current issue is finding an affordable room somewhere near the site of the wedding for the rehearsal dinner. Bruce and I have been talking about this issue and checking out several places and each of them have or do not have something vital we need; such as it is cost prohibitive, or they do not provide tables and chairs or we cannot bring in our own caterer etc…So we have begun to pray about this room out there.  

Tonight when Travis came home we told him where we were in the process and he suggested another place where he knows someone.  Neither Bruce nor I had even considered this place.  I have shared this with you for this reason…we are not in this alone and we need to have people around us we can trust to help.

The same is true is our Christian lives. Being a Christian is a community enterprise. We do not have all of the answers to the questions and dilemmas in our lives.  We need people around us that we can trust to help make right decisions.  The people we need to count on are those who have a connection to God. It is these folks who will motivate us to make right decisions. Then once we have this group of folks around us we do not need to ignore their advice.  God has placed these people in our lives to help guide us and be constant reminders of the fact that we are not alone and are in the continuous presence of God.  We were never meant to fly solo through this life so find your fellowship with God through the children of God, the body of Christ.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all faithful friends, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: