Saturday, January 26, 2013


Happy Friday! 

Today I went to Geni’s school and had lunch with her. She was gracious and allowed me to read to her children. Her class is really sweet and it felt so good to read to children once again. I wore my Tom’s shoes that have music staves and music all over them.  One of the children said, “Miss Gaylene, I like your shoes.” I responded, “Why do you like my shoes?” The little one said, “Because they sing.”  Let’s just melt my heart!! So sweet.

You may also be glad to know that I got all of my work caught up and posted to the e-college. I now have to finish reading one of the books and write a paper due on Tuesday. This is going to be one busy semester. Busy with serious studying and writing! Please place me and my beloved editor Bruce permanently on your prayer list.

Prayer: Dear Lord, this morning I thank You for Your presence in my life. I thank You for the fact that You are here with me and that You help guide me every day and in every situation. I ask, God, that You continue to point me down the right path in life and that You allow me the privilege of showing others what it truly means to know You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

“The LORD your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness. He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3: 17

Deciding to become a Christian is the best decision we ever make for our lives. Every human in the universe is a child of God, but only those who choose Jesus as their Lord and Savior are called Christians. When we choose to follow Jesus we automatically become inheritors of eternal life.  But for Christians, eternal life does not begin when we pass from this earth. Eternal life begins immediately when we enter into relationship with Jesus. 

This wonderful verse from Zephaniah does not promise eternal life in heaven, but promises God in our midst while we are still on this earth. God came to be in our midst in the body of Jesus.  These great images of God in our midst are so powerfully comforting…God in our midst, Mighty One will save, rejoice over you with gladness (God rejoices over us with gladness! Is that cool or what!!), quiet us with His love and rejoice over us with singing. Can we even imagine what the voice of God singing over us might sound like?

My friends these promises secure our forever. These words of the old prophet provide us with the power and strength to get the most out of each day because as the verse says, “He is in our midst.”  It does not say He will be in our midst or He was in our midst. It says, “He is in our midst.” That means in every situation we face, every victory we experience, every trial we endure and every ordinary day God is with us. Why? Because God loves us.

Take joy in the journey and give thanks for God’s presence with us. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: