Friday, January 25, 2013


Happy Thursday!

Our dear Basset Jackson had major surgery today.  Over the last six months or so a mass began to develop on the back of his neck. It developed into a huge mass very quickly.  Today at Banfield Pet Hospital we had this mass removed. He is home now and resting on the big pillow in my office. He has wagged his tail, made a couple of excursions into the backyard and jumped up on the ottoman.  He now seems to be resting comfortably. Say a little prayer for this sweet, sweet boy.

Prayer request:  A dear friend of mine lost her mother this morning. Her name is Lisa Smith.  Please pray for Lisa and her family in this time of sadness.

Class update:  I came to find out that I still did not understand the instructions for this class. So here is the scoop; I am to respond to the readings as requested and then…I am to respond to two or three of the other students’ writings.  I am not caught up yet, but I am closer.  Pray that Dr. Bellenger will be gracious and not grade down severely by my first week’s tardiness. By tomorrow night or earlier I will have responded to the student responses and be caught up. Then I will begin on next week’s work. I will get this!

Prayer:  Dear God, I know that You walked through the cosmos to bring me not only a sense of love and security but also a joy that transcends feelings. And I thank You for loving me enough to sacrifice Your only son so that I can have a relationship with You. Help me today to glorify You through all I do, say, and feel. It is through Jesus I pray, Amen.

“And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD; it shall rejoice in His salvation.”
Psalm 35: 9

My life of 57 years has been quite a journey. I have had times of extreme happiness and times of deepest sadness and grief.  But I learned a few years ago that relying on my feelings of happiness, sadness, anger, love and/or fear are not what I need on which to base decisions and actions. My feelings, while important and which serve me well are not the same as relying on God’s truth and the joy that He provides through my salvation in Christ. My relationship with God is solely based on my relationship with Christ and my connection to Him. I am still going to have times of extreme happiness and times of deepest grief and sorrow and sometimes everything in between. The good news is that I experience peace and joy that only God can provide, rather than the unreliability of my feelings.

When we all face the business of life we don’t need to place our trust in our feelings. Trust in your relationship with God. Pray for guidance and peace and discover the true protection and guidance that comes from a life connected to Him.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. (I have discovered Tom’s. You might want to through an extra blanket on the bed tonight and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: