Monday, January 21, 2013


Happy Monday! 

Prayer:  Lord, thank You that You are truly Lord over all. You aren’t Lord because I say so—You are Lord because You are! You are Lord over creation, time, people, nations and over my life. I choose to yield myself to You for who You already are to me today. Amen.

“Both riches and honor come from You, and You reign over all. In Your hand is power and might; in Your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all.”
1 Chronicles 29: 12

Where do we place our trust? Or maybe I should say, “In Whom do we place our trust?”  Do we desire things above our relationship with God? (I know, that is a tough question) There are lots of things I would like to have. But the things I would like to own or possess are things that are temporal.  Somehow or other the “things” I want or desire are going to break, get lost, be put in a pile or storage and forgotten or no longer be necessary.  But our relationship with God is the one thing that will never be broken, lost or become unnecessary. 

In our relationship with God we need to thank God for His grace and to trust in His hand, desiring Him alone.  We need to ask for the strength that only God can provide and then display God and the truth about Him to others today through serving them.  As we share God’s love and presence in our lives with others, we need to remind them (and ourselves) of how much God has done for us. When we worship, we need to be mindful that we worship God because of Who God is and all that God has done and will do.  Let us be mindful of how much God loves us and acknowledge that God knows what is best for us by trusting in His gracious hand.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: