Friday, December 28, 2012


Happy Thursday! 

Bruce and I are very proud to announce the engagement of Travis to Sarah Hammond.  If you are on Facebook you can see the ring and read all of the wonderful comments and congratulations.  We are so excited for them and love her as if she were our own.  Sarah is a beautiful young woman.  She teaches junior high, sings second alto, has a basset hound, has a wonderful faith in Christ and loves our son.  It gets no better that that!!!  It has been an exciting day.

Prayer:  Lord, you are our perfect Savior.  You care for us so completely and never tire of taking care of your children. Thank you.  Help us to follow Your lead today and every day.  Help us to do your will today and guide our desires and decisions in everything we do. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, so you will be My disciples.”
John 14: 7, 8

We are rapidly coming to the end of the year 2012.  There are decisions we have made that were wise decisions and there are those we wish we could take back and do over. Maybe even promises we made and broke were part of the past. The good news is that Jesus has never felt regret for the promise He made to love us completely and eternally.  When Christ makes a promise His character guarantees that He will keep it.

In John 15: 7- 8 Jesus promises to be our life source; if we live with Him and allow Him to change our desires into His desires, He promises to fulfill them.  The promise is not the issue…it is what I desire!  It is not about Him blessing what I want—it’s about me wanting what He is blessing.  Let us walk in faith enough to ask God to continue to mold our will and change our desires into the ones that align with desires He has for us, so we can please Him and bring Christ glory.

Take joy in this amazing journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

Prayer alert:  Please place Travis and Sarah on your prayer list as they walk this engagement journey learning to love each other with promise and faith and their forth-coming marriage.  Peace, gc

No comments: