Wednesday, August 29, 2012


Happy Wednesday! 

Prayer:  “Father, I rejoice that nothing is impossible with You.  Empower me to be disciplined in developing a mountain-moving faith that meets needs around me. Amen.”

“So Jesus said to them, ‘because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.’”
Matthew 17: 20

Jesus sort of scolds the Disciples as they grumble about why things aren’t working out for them.  The Disciples had been given spiritual authority to go out and meet the spiritual needs of those in the community, but they tried to do this under their own power.  They forgot who their teacher was or perhaps they did not believe that the One who taught them was really from God.  What the disciples had was unbelief.  Without the power of Jesus within them the Disciples were helpless.  They were trying to meet the spiritual needs of the community by their own power.

“Faith is our spiritual and moral response to the trustworthy character of God.”  The Disciples misplaced their faith.  They were trusting in their own abilities and authority rather than Christ within them.  That is why Jesus taught them about faith the size of the mustard seed.  Jesus was trying to tell them that even if they had just a little bit of faith then it will grow if it is nurtured by a relationship with God.  Let our prayer be for God to guide our faith and become an instrument of healing and grace to those who are in need.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: