Friday, August 31, 2012


Happy Thursday!

Okay, so far I am not finding the New Testament as interesting as the Old Testament.  The stories in the Old Testament are so much better!  The New Testament is interesting because of the influence of the times and geographical area (The Roman Empire and Greek influence) the writers wrote the text.  It does not change my beliefs, but it is an interesting learning experience so far.

Bruce and I are traveling to Sherman tomorrow to visit Dad.  It would have been Mom and Dad’s 60th wedding anniversary and we are going to help Dad get through the day.  Then we will go to Allen late afternoon to have dinner with family and go to the big game. 

Prayer alert:  Please continue to pray for my Uncle Johnny, Aunt Linda and cousins.  My uncle continues to decline. Dani, their daughter drove in from Georgia today and plans to spend some extended time with them. Their son is already there.    It has been a bit tough on Mom’s side of the family in recent months.  Within the last 18 months we have lost two of my uncles and my Mom. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Prayer:  “Lord, I rejoice in Your great grace that was expressed at Calvary so that I might know the fullness of Your life.  I rejoice in Your great gift of eternal life that has given me righteousness I could never gain on my own. Empower me through Your Spirit to show and share this gift with others this day. Amen.”

“For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘The just shall live by faith.”
Romans 1: 17

“When saving faith is expressed from the heart, the power of God in salvation is experienced.”  One of Sandi Patti’s song titles is “Face to Faith.” The chorus says, “Meetin’ disaster face to faith…” When we express our faith our lives are changed from that moment into eternity.  We receive righteousness that is not our own, but the righteousness of Jesus Christ. We gain the likeness to God.  We become “just” receiving godliness and learn to live by faith.  Righteousness is received by the power of the Holy Spirit.  God gave us righteousness by dying on the cross at Calvary.

Faith is sometimes hard to hang onto when crisis happens.  It is at times of crisis that we need to cling to the hand of Jesus really tight as a reminder of the faith given to us at the moment of our salvation.  The gift of faith was given when we receive Christ into our hearts and it remains with us always.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all and faithfully yours, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: