Tuesday, August 28, 2012


Happy Tuesday!

Tuesday is a long day for me.  I have classes from 9: 30 am until 7:00 pm.  Today was convocation at TCU.  Brite Convocation is always great.  It is worship that is always uplifting and a great way to begin the fall semester.  After worship there is a lunch for all students, professors, trustees and guests.  When we arrived at the Bass Conference Center in the new Harrison Bldg. the serving tables held fruit, cookies and cheesecake bites.  The drink tables held water and jugs of sweet and unsweetened iced tea. But there was no main dish.  We were soon to find out that lunch was held up in traffic.  So today the lunch guests were somewhat forced to live out the saying, “Life is uncertain.  Eat dessert first.”  Lunch did finally arrive and it was delicious.  However, the next question that was asked was, “Do you suppose that Dr. Kang will allow us to be late for our 1:00 class because lunch was late?” Answer, “NO.”

Prayer:  “Father, help me to hear what You are saying through Your Word. Help me to respond to Your Word with faith and faithfulness. Impart to me a greater understanding of what it means to trust and obey. Amen”

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
Romans 10: 17

Faith is not positive thinking or following our feelings.  Faith is listening to God, believing what was said and then acting on it as truth.  The way for us to have a strong faith is to listen to God’s voice through scripture, believe it, act on it and watch truth become reality.

God’s faithfulness to us promises to fulfill every promise.  Our faith believes that God will empower us to act in steadfast obedience to the Holy Scriptures; God’s Word.  May God enlarge our faith through the Word allowing the truth of that Word to become reality for us. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: