Monday, August 27, 2012


Happy Monday and happy first day of school! 

Geni had 26 kindergartners today.  That is over the legal limit.  She also told me that the other kinder teachers were over too.  She thinks they will get another teacher.  I hope they get one soon.  Geni said, “Mom, one of my little ones began at one o’clock with ‘I want my Mommy!’, and did not stop until the end of the day.” Geni was so tired today. Please offer a prayer that the school that a new teacher will be hired soon. 

Please continue to pray for my Uncle Johnny and Aunt Linda.  Johnny is in a great deal of pain and needs all of our prayers. My daddy is going over to their house daily to help in any way he can. 

Prayer:  “Father, deepen the magnitude of my spiritual intimacy, intensity and influence upon the world around me by guiding my life and growing my faith through Your Word. I yield my life to You for that end. Amen.”

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
Hebrews 11:1

“Faith is an assurance convinced that God’s promises are so trustworthy that we can base our lives upon them.”  Faith is not dependent on the circumstances that we can see or experience but the certainty of God’s truth in which we believe.  Faith gives our everyday, regular, ordinary lives a future and security and the reason to remain steadfast.

“Truth faith believes and receives.”  Faith has the confidence that every promise God made will be kept and fulfilled.  Faith has the commitment that lives in the light of Christ’s lordship and promises that are so sure that we can rest in the assurance of God’s presence in our life on earth and in eternity. 

When I am with families who are in crisis my prayer for them is usually “God, I don’t know what You have planned for the next few moments, hours or days, but I do know that You are here now and will remain through this time.”  It is my hope that this prayer prayed in faith will help all of us step into the reliance and trust in God, surrendering unto His lordship and abiding faithfulness. (And if you need it, I hope it helps you, too.)

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: