Thursday, June 28, 2012


Happy Thursday!  

I had a JPS on-call last night.  I have come to find out that I am not as young as I used to be.  I seem to be okay while on call with enough coffee, healthy snacks and coffee (did I mention coffee?), but the next day is tough concerning getting enough rest to go to work the following day.  Please, pray, pray, pray for me.  The work at the hospital is wonderful and the need is so great.  I have had some extraordinary experiences.

Prayer:  “Father, I surrender completely to You.  May Your Spirit fill me and may I be further transformed today into the image of Your Son.  In His name I pray.  Amen.”

“Then Peter said to them, ‘Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
Acts 2: 38

Repentance is a turning away from sin, but turning away from sin is not possible without turning to faith in Jesus.  When we confess our faith in Jesus as our personal Savior, we are baptized in Jesus’ name and have submitted to Him as our personal Lord and Savior.  The result of repentance and faith is the forgiveness of sins.  When we are forgiven from our sins we are declared not only forgiven, but we are declared righteous. 

Two other gifts we receive when we confess Jesus as Lord are the gift of salvation and the gift of the Holy Spirit.  These gifts are not for just some set apart group, they are for ALL who believe.  The Holy Spirit unites us, transforms us and empowers us through saving faith in our personal lives.

The good news is that this process is new for us each day and lasts for the remainder of our lives.  Our agency in this continuing process is  daily surrender to God’s will in our lives, daily service in His name, continuous contact through prayer and continuous thanksgiving for the transforming power of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: