Friday, June 1, 2012


Happy Friday and happy June!  

I spent the majority of the day with Geni on her last day of school. She has completed her first year of teaching. What an extraordinary year for her!  I helped with her end of the year party so she could spend time with good-bye’s from her parents and children.  I lost count of the parents and teachers who told me what a great teacher she has been for her students.  It made me feel so proud of her and for her. 

I received a text message from Bruce containing these words, “Houston we have a problem.”  Bruce has been working to make-ready the apartment for Geni.  The problem is the apartment has termites.  The termite men are coming tomorrow and with a few more repairs, new carpet and the final cleaning the apartment will be ready for Geni to move in.  And that is why Geni is so glad her Daddy is the maintenance man!!

As for Travis, the manager of the store nearest us (Travis’ old store) told us that the people who work in his new store are so glad that Travis is there.  Travis really lights his new store and the staff and customers seem to like him.  Thanks for the Mother moment!

Prayer:  “Lord, I am grateful that despite the pull of this world,  I can walk in overcoming faith.  Teach me how to live in this victory and share it with my world. Amen.”

“For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.”
1 John 5: 4

Are we victims or victors?  The difference between these two situations is in the way we use our faith.  Victory over the rough situations thrown at us by the world is achieved by faith.  When we come into relationship and are born into a new and victorious life through our faith, we are already conquerors over the domain of darkness because of Christ! We no longer have to be victims of death and condemnation. Because of our salvation we, as believers, have already overcome death.  We can resist the daily pull of the world and live in daily victory by keeping our mind on Christ in reading His Word and allowing ourselves to be led by the power of the Holy Spirit.  We must battle the world daily, but we can battle with absolute assurance and complete certainty about ultimate victory. By Jesus’ death on the Cross, death is swallowed up in victory and victory is ours.

Take extraordinary joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.
appy Friday

No comments: