Tuesday, May 29, 2012


Happy Monday and Happy Memorial Day! 

Thank you to all who currently serve or have served in the military. Thank you for the sacrifices you have made each day to secure our freedom while placing your own lives at risk.  Your efforts and dedication are not forgotten. 

Prayer:  “Father, help me to hear what You are saying through Your Word.  Help me to respond to Your Word with faith and faithfulness. Impart to me a greater understanding of what it means to trust and obey. Amen”

“So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.”
Romans 10: 17

Just before I begin to write, the prayer that is printed here is almost the same as I pray before I read the meditation and prepare to write. 

“Faith is not positive thinking or moving in accordance to subjective feelings.  “Faith is hearing from God, believing what was said, and then acting upon it as truth.”

When Casey was diagnosed with incurable cancer we were not prepared for the news the doctor told us.  Cancer is evil that seeks a host and cares not for age, wealth or poverty, position in life, male or female or anything else.  Cancer just wants a place to grow and take over the body.  We had heard from a great physician now we needed to hear from the Great Physician.  

Psalm 118: 17 says, “I shall not die, but live and declare the works of the LORD.” The written word became alive in our hearts as never before and was claimed in our speaking and as print on the walls of Casey’s hospital rooms and even in his room (our dining room) in our house.  Even though Casey was not to survive his battle with cancer we know that by God’s Word, Casey’s faith and faithfulness to that Word that even though he never got well, but he most certainly was healed.

The way our faith become stronger is through testing and, even more important, our listening to God’s Voice through His Word.  God’s Word empowers us to steadfast obedience and enlarges our faith until it finally becomes reality in our lives.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Enjoy the rain, count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: