Tuesday, May 29, 2012


Happy Tuesday! 

I spent most of the day working on a study guide for a verse in the Book of Ruth.  I have to do two of these study guides.  I think I am going to work tomorrow on a verse from Esther.  These biblical ladies and pretty amazing!!!

I think I have begun to understand how some people become, as my daddy says, “professional students.” I come to understand that studying and learning are really great.  I am learning how to research and once I find out something I want to know something else.  I am looking for other sources that will increase my knowledge and deepen my understanding of a text or subject.  My favorite study is on scripture. 

News alert!  Geni will be teaching Kindergarten next year.  Specifically, she will be teaching bilingual Math.  She has a teaching partner who will teach literacy.  They each will have a classroom of students for a half day and then switch at lunch.  Geni is pretty excited.  We do love adventure! 

Prayer:  “Father, I rejoice that nothing is impossible with You.  Empower me to be disciplined in developing a mountain-moving faith that meets needs around me. Amen.”

“So Jesus said to them, ’Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.”
Matthew 17: 20

Jesus is scolding the disciples for their lack of faith.  Jesus had just cast out a demon from a young man before their very eyes.  The disciples asked Jesus, ”Why could we not cast out the demon?”  Jesus answers, “Because of your little faith.” The disciples knew they had the spiritual authority to meet spiritual needs, but they were powerless to make a difference where they should have been able.  Jesus revealed to them it was because of their unbelief.  Unbelief dishonors God because it tells God that He is not worthy of our trust.  This sin, more than any other, causes a shift in our relationship with God.  The disciples’ faith had been misplaced as they only trusted in their faith by earthly means and authority rather that Christ’s.  (Sound like any one you know?) Jesus used the mustard seed to teach a spiritual principle…(here it comes)The least amount of faith is greater than the greatest amount of difficulty (read that statement again).

Just like the mustard seed our faith must be cultivated and nurtured, for when it is, it will see miraculous grace.  The best way I know to grow our faith is to renew it daily through God’s Word and release it through prayer.  So in the words of the great old Dottie Rambo song, “I believe.  Help Thou my unbelief.” 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: