Wednesday, May 16, 2012


Happy Wednesday! 

Okay, I have completed two of the projects I planned for the week.  I finally had the time to put the winter clothes in the cedar chest or hang them in the closet and bring out the spring and summer items.  I also cleaned out majorly.  Tomorrow Mission Arlington is going to get a truck load of stuff.  And, I also cleaned and sifted through a book case and packed it away with some things for Half-Price Books and replaced those items and filled the book case with my books from seminary.  Now my books are much more accessible.  

Tomorrow I study for my class next week.  I am taking a week long intensive study class on Biblical Sages, Singers and Storytellers.  I will be studying The Songs of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations and Esther. It is a lot of work, but I love the OT stories and think it will be an awesome class.  One of the requirements will be to teach a lesson at some point during the week.  I will let you know.  And last, I made all A’s for the Spring 2012 semester.  I was so excited.  Thank you for all of your prayers through this semester.  I am going to need your prayers for this week long class so keep praying. Thanks again.

Prayer:  “Lord, I come to You at times with confused emotions.  I trust that You are too good to ever be wrong.  I ask for Your grace in this moment to endure during the hard things of this life. Amen.”

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path.”
Proverbs 3: 5,6

How amazing that his passage should come to me tonight.  As I begin the massive study for this 5 day class I am going to lean on God for His understanding and look for God’s direction as I am being taught by a scholar in this area who wrote the commentary I will be reading, and in class with doctoral students who read and understand Hebrew.  I am definitely going to need more knowledge and wisdom than I have.  I am praying for God to prepare me to take this class and allow me to do my best and glorify Him as I learn and participate.

The Hebrew word for “trust” as it is used in this verse is batach,” which means to lie down and stretch out.” In other words we are called to rest in God’s powerful and loving provision of grace for our lives.  Whatever you face today may call for your greatest act of faith in this moment in our lives.  So we must present ourselves to God in prayer and then rest in His goodness especially when we face situations we don’t understand. 

The second part of the verse says we are to “acknowledge Him.”  To acknowledge means to know His nature and character which will help us see every trial, every difficulty, every opportunity to discover Christ’s rightful lordship over our lives.

Can we live lives today aware of God’s presence and trust in his love and care?  We know that we can trust in God’s abundant grace and presence because He promises to “direct” our lives.  As we learn to rest in God’s powerful goodness there will be no obstacles that cannot be surmounted or they will be removed from the path.  We have a faithful God who shows us His goodness and mercy all the days of our lives. Now let us trust Him to guide our paths.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  God does not slumber nor sleep so both of you do not need to be awake. Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: