Sunday, May 13, 2012


Blessed Sunday and Happy Mother’s Day! 

Today is Mother’s Day and my Mom is no longer with us as she passed away in January.  I missed her so much today.  I have learned in the last three years that you never truly get over losses so very personal, but you find ways to get through them.  So today, we made new memories.  Even though our thoughts were of Mom and Casey, we found funny things we remembered and it was okay.  One of the kids started talking in a funny voice like Casey used to and then began to sing and we all laughed.  I wore some of Mom’s jewelry today including the charm bracelet she never got to wear and was reminded of how much she loved jewelry and picnics and cheering on the softball game that was held at their house in the country.  Today that event was replaced with Frisbee throwing and a perfect picnic at the park with a wonderful family and great friends.

Prayer:  “Father, thank You that I can come into Your presence anytime.  There is no problem that will come my way today that will be too big or too small for You.  Thank You for allowing me the privilege of casting every care on You.  Would You please fill me with Your Holy Spirit? May Your Son be seen by my words and deeds. May my disposition reflect the presence of Jesus in my heart.  Thank You for this day. Amen.”

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”
Philippians 4: 6

When I taught first grade and had the children write for the first time this is an example of some of their first attempts, “I like red. I like blue. I like dogs. I like cats. I love my Mom. I love my Dad. The End.” 

Some folks pray somewhat like the way first graders write; “God bless everyone, help everyone and be with the starving children in Africa. Amen” and their prayer life doesn’t go much beyond that.  This kind of praying does not show any relationship with God.  It is sort of the grocery list of praying.  Philippians tells us to bring everything before God, being specific in our requests in faithful belief that God will be present and hear our prayers.  We need to remember to be thankful as we pray remembering that it was by God’s invitation into His very presence, especially giving thanks that it was the blood of Jesus that provided the way for us to pray.  We can go to God any time and be welcomed into His presence trusting in the joyful assurance that we are welcome standing before the throne of Grace knowing our prayers will be answered.  WOW! 

Thank you Lord for listening to our prayers even when they seem repetitive and trivial.  You are the God of big things and little things and you love us as Your family.  Help me to hear the needs of others and bless those who pray from Your word. In Jesus’ name.  Amen,”

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  God does not sleep so there is no reason for both of you to be awake.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.   Love you all so very much and to all of the Mothers, Happy Mother’s Day.  May your children rise up and called you blessed.  Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: