Thursday, May 10, 2012


Happy Wednesday! 

The dining room actually looks like a dining room and there was a desk under all of that paper, books, notebooks etc…And yet the best news of today is that Geni signed her contract for another year of teaching!    We were so excited.  She sent a picture of the contract with a smile via her phone.  We are so proud of her.  She is becoming a fine teacher who is counting the days until summer.  She learns fast!!!

Prayer:  “Father, thank You for another day in which I can serve You.  Today I will be faced with many opportunities and will have to make decisions that affect me and those around me.  Give me the wisdom to seek Your will in evaluating those opportunities.  I ask that You order my steps so that my walk will have a positive influence for Christ on those I meet. I ask that You guard my lips so that my words may minister grace to others.  Show me Your will and enable me to live in it today. Amen.”

Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will. He hears us.”
I John 5: 14

God hears and answers prayers according to His will.  God can do that because He is God.  Whims and selfish wishes have no foundation for real prayer.  Real prayer is praying according to the will of God.  So here is the question…How can we, as believers, know the will of God?  Now there is the question for each of our lives.  Let’s think of a few things.

First, God loves and desires a relationship with us and His greatest desire is to reveal His will to us.  Second, God usually reveals Himself to each of us through the study of His Word.  Third, the Holy Spirit, given to each of us when we choose to receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior, will be our guide to discerning the will of God for our lives.  If we remember these things then we can approach the throne of grace with confidence.  Confidence means that we know God well enough that we can walk into His presence unafraid and freely into God’s presence assured that He will hear us and answer.

We do not have to walk in the shadows during the day or night.  We have this amazing God who shines His light on us 24/7,  leading us to make good choices, giving us direction as long as we have breath. 

So my friends, let us talk to God, read his Word and listen to the Voice of the Holy Spirit within and we will live a life of prayer in confident assurance that we are living and praying God’s will for our lives.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes.  Get some rest, because God never sleeps and there is no reason for both of you (or me) to be awake.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: