Sunday, May 6, 2012


Happy Saturday! 

We attended the memorial service of Ralph “Slats” McCord in Sherman today.  He was the grandfather of our oldest niece, Stephanie.  Then we, Ken, Sheena, Bruce, Daddy and I had a wonderful lunch together at Dad’s favorite restaurant, Cheddars. 

I took my mini-laptop to Fry’s Electronics after a mishap with the dog (you wouldn’t believe it).  It is still under warranty and I was happy to sign a paper that said I agree to pay $0.00.  I buy computers at Fry’s because if something goes wrong they give you a comparable computer on the spot.  Very cool!!

Prayer:  “Father, I greet You this morning with praise in my heart for the privilege of prayer. As we walk together today, may I be mindful that at any time, anywhere, and for anyone I can come to You in prayer.  Please don’t let me miss the opportunity and the obedience of this blessing. Amen.”

1 Timothy 2: 1 “Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men.”

Paul was giving instructions to Timothy about who could pray. The Apostle wants us to know that prayer is our first choice, not our last choice.  Prayer needs to be our “first habit.” When we depend on programs, we get what programs can do.  When we depend on people, we get what people can do.  But when we pray, we get what God Almighty can do. WOW!!!

The verse for today tells us to remember that “All men, women and children are not outside the influence and realm of prayer.  My family, my friends, and those with whom I do not get along all are on my prayer list.  When I pray for those who have hurt me or with whom I do not get along I do pray for them to change.  I pray for me to change my attitude about them and then I give thanks.  When I give thanks and pray for my attitude to change the barriers are removed and God can work through me. When God is blocked by my own anger, resentments and pride then the work stops and I am out of fellowship.  I love it when someone tells me I am on their prayer list.  I am always in need of prayer and the one who is praying needs the practice.’’

Take joy in the journey remembering that the God we love neither slumbers or sleeps so get some sleep because you both do not need to be awake.  Wear comfortable shoes.  Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: