Monday, May 7, 2012


Blessed Sunday to you all! 

Okay!  I am reading an article on AOL today and it said that wearing uncomfortable shoes could cause cancer due to inflammation.  So when I sign off tonight I am serious about wearing comfortable shoes!! 

Prayer:  “O Lord, thank You for equipping me with the whole armor of God.  I put on the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness—the belt of truth, the gospel shoes of peace, the shield of faith, and the sword of the Spirit—and now I am dressed and ready for battle.  It is in Your victorious name I pray, Amen.”

“Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.”
Ephesians 6:18

Prayer is our communication with God.  Prayer is the greatest tool for doing battle with Satan daily and moment by moment.  In the verse for today the Apostle Paul uses the word all four times.  Paul described our battles with Satan as supernatural battles which must be fought with supernatural weapons, specifically, prayer.   Praying to God in the power of the Holy Spirit is our first, best strategy for doing battle with the enemy and gaining victory. When we pray in the power of the Holy Spirit no matter where we are we are standing on holy ground and completely bathed and saturated in the light of God’s love.  Satan cannot enter where God’s love is present.

We must be in prayer at all times.  We must pray about all things. We must always pray in the power of the Holy Spirit. Always is used as a plural when we always remember that Jesus taught us to pray, Not “My Father”, but “Our Father.”

Just some thoughts for the journey…Are we on someone’s prayer list?  I hope I am on someone’s.  Who is on your prayer list? 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes!!!  Get some sleep.  The God who loves us so much never sleeps so there is no reason for both of us to stay awake.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Special Prayer request:  Bruce is working diligently on my Grief and Loss paper.  He is the best. I turn in that paper tonight via email and send him the next one tomorrow.  Please ask God for a special blessing for this wonderful man I married.  Peace, gc
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments: