Tuesday, May 1, 2012


Happy Tuesday! 

My favorite professor has announced her retirement from teaching at Brite effective the end of this semester.  We will celebrate her retirement with a gathering of some sort in the fall.  Dr. Craven is not only a brilliant teacher of the Old Testament (while being a devout Catholic), but is also an extraordinary published writer and scholar.  The characteristic I find most endearing about this woman is the passion she brings to the classroom and how she cares for her students.  She has the mind and skill of a master teacher who has command of her subject matter and a heart that cares enough about her students to tell each one of us that we are made in the image of God.  I will miss her dearly.  I will write one last paper for her and I pray that it is my best work. 

Tonight you will not read my original words, but the words of my in-the-car devotional.  I listen to Jesus Calling, Enjoying Peace in his Presence.  This morning’s devotion so touched my heart I thought I would share it with you.  The writing is written for two listeners, we are one of the listeners and God is the other.  I needed these words today.

Luke  12: 25-26 “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?”


Luke 1: 79 “to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace.”

God is speaking.
          You are on the path of My choosing.  There is no randomness about your life.  Here and Now, comprise the coordinates of your daily life.  Most people let their moments slip through their fingers, half-lived.  They avoid the present by worrying about the future or longing for a better time and place.  They forget that they are creatures who are subject to the limitations of time and space.  They forget their Creator, who walks with them only in the present. 
Every moment is alive with My glorious Presence to those whose hearts are intimately connected with Mine.  As you give yourself more and more to a life of constant communion with Me, you will find that you simply have not time for worry.  Thus you are freed to let my Spirit direct your steps, enabling you to walk along the path of peace.”
Jesus Calling May 1.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all. Please pray for me as I write this paper on Psalm 150.  Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.



No comments: