Tuesday, May 1, 2012


Happy Monday! 

I completed my first of two final papers for this semester and it has been sent to my live-in editor.  I will begin the second paper tomorrow.

Prayer; “This is Your day. O Lord, let me live it for You.  Teach me how I can be a greater warrior in prayer.  Change my attitude and heart to be all You want me to be.  By Jesus’ power and in His name I pray. Amen.”

James 5: 18  “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.  The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”

Today I wrote a paper for my class on grief and loss.  I wrote on the scripture in Galatians 6: 2.  This passage says, “bear one another’s burdens.”  What an amazing calling God has given us from His very Word. God calls us to be like Him in that Jesus carried our burdens, our sins and our short comings to the cross with Him.  If we are to be God’s representatives then we must be willing to fulfill this mission.  The scripture further says that if we bear one another’s burdens then we are fulfilling the law of God. 

The law of God is, “Love your neighbor as yourself.”  When someone asks us to pray for them don’t just say okay and forget.  Take just a moment and pray for them.  Sometimes when someone asks me to pray for them I will simply say, “Lord, in Your mercy.” God knows our hearts and the hearts of all and when we pray for someone we are asking for agreement in the prayer for the person who asked and God.  We don’t  have to pray a long prayer -  just a loving prayer. We don’t have to pray a fancy prayer, just a prayer that is open and honest.  In our prayer life we only need to open our hearts and talk to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is able to do whatever He wills for our lives.  Let us ask for God to build us into mighty prayer warriors filled with hearts of compassion and a passion for prayer. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Please offer an extra prayer for my niece, Stephanie, and her family.  She lost her dear grandfather early this morning.  Slats was a memorable figure on the Austin College Campus.   He was the golf coach and a very kind man.  His leaves behind his wife, Kate, two daughters, Martha Kate and Anabelle, Stephanie’s mom, a son, Matt, and several grandchildren and great grandchildren.  Thank you.  Peace, gc

No comments: