Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day Eve!

I had a bit of trouble getting started today. The other day when I had to write about a personal grief experience for my Grief and Loss class, Bruce advised me well. He said for me to write about the time of grief in losing Casey. I have been walking that road for a while and can deal with it better that the loss of Mom. He reminded me that I was still in the beginning stages of grieving over Mom. He was right and his observations were spot on. Today for a few hours I had trouble with sadness and motivation to write the paper for my Psalm’s class. So after a brief trip out to run an errand we returned and I was ready to sit down and write the paper on Psalm 71. It is a wonderful psalm about an aging King David and his relationship with God. I would love to do some more extensive writing about this prayer and glean greater meaning.

Prayer: “Lord Jesus, please help me to be sensitive to all of those around me. Give me a greater desire to tell others about You. Help me get in on Your plan and Your agenda of saving people. Forgive me for not possessing the burden of sharing your Word like I should. Help me today to be salt and light to the world around me. Amen.”

1 Timothy 2: 3-4, “For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of truth.”

Everyone needs to know the gospel of Jesus. Not everyone will know, but it is the will of God that all people have the opportunity to receive salvation, to be forgiven and repent. God has charged each of us with the responsibility of sharing the gospel with a world that seems very lost indeed. He also arms us with boldness through the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:8, “But you will receive the power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

We do not have to be preachers or evangelists to share the gospel. Sometimes all we need is a cup of coffee and little time. But most of all we need to be aware of the folks who do not know the truth of Christ. Then we need to be bold in our convictions. I once heard Julia Child, the famous chef, say that flipping an omelet in a skillet had far more to do with the courage of our convictions that a steady hand. When it comes to sharing Christ, we need not be eloquent in our language. We just need to be sincere and believe that we are doing God’s will by sharing His message of love, grace and salvation in truth with those who need to hear it.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and warm jacket in the morning. Show someone you love them. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: