Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

I am 2 days from completing a semester’s worth of class work. Totally amazing. But today I received two writings back and found that I had done them incorrectly. It was my fault for I did not read all of the directions. So I will be working to correct these papers before the end of class on Friday and hope that my professors will be gracious with my “second” efforts. Please offer a prayer for me.

Prayer: “Father, thank You for being the giver of life. Thank You for the gift of abundant life that comes through knowing Your Son. As I begin this new day, may I experience all that You desire for me and have a heart full of gratitude for the joy of living an overflowing life in You. Amen”

John 10:10 “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it abundantly.”

Do you have things you have always wanted to have? I have a couple of things I have always wanted to do. First, I have always wanted to stand on the stage at Carnegie Hall and just sing. I have always wanted to sing with the Gaither’s and I have always wanted a Tiffany diamond. Now as amazing as all of these things would be how would they change my life? Would these things really allow me to live the abundant life I am promised in Jesus? Of course not!

Jesus calls Satan a thief because Satan wants to steal our abundance. Our abundance is found in the truth of what it means to really live, that is, to live life to its fullest. Jesus came to give life, His life, a life lived in love, forgiveness, grace and truth. This life in Jesus is complete. As thrilling as singing in Carnegie Hall or with the Gaithers or having that Tiffany diamond I have always wanted, those things do not compare to the life I have in Christ. The things of this world are things that will eventually pass away. I will someday not be able to sing well and I am not sure about the diamond except that even though it would sparkle with fire, it would give no warmth. (but I could be chilly for a while and wear really great sunglasses) The brightness of the diamond and the clarity of my voice cannot compare to the glory of Jesus Christ. Satan and all of his thieving ways could not take away the fullness and love overflowing from Jesus because we know the rest of the story.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, a jacket and scarf in the morning. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: