Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Monday!

My friends, this has been the longest short day I have spent in a long time. I was at Brite at 7:30 am studying and eating oatmeal. I progressed to the new building for my first day of classes. It is a beautiful building and pretty high tech. When you leave a classroom you must re-enter the room using your Student ID and swiping it like a credit card. That part did not work today so we stuffed paper in the hole where the lock should have latched the door. Go figure! I learned a lot today and look forward to the time when I can put some of it into practice as a chaplain.

Prayer: “Heavenly Father, I thank You so much for sending Jesus into the world, not to condemn it but to save it. This is the motivation I need to face this day. Help me to remember that in whatever situations I find myself, You are for me, not against me. With You on my side, I can face life with a positive outlook. I can be confident in making decisions, handling tasks, and dealing with issues that arise. Help me to keep a short account of sins, so I can be usable to You today. I thank You that my sin is under the blood of Jesus, so there is no condemnation. Amen.”

John 3: 17 “For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.”

When Jesus was being prophesied the people thought that He would be a political leader and wipe out all of their oppressors. What these people did not understand was that God sent Jesus into the world for only one purpose: to be a Savior. Luke 19:10 “For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” The religious leaders condemned people and did not offer any hope of salvation. Jesus offers hope to the hopeless without condemnation. Those who are in Christ Jesus do not walk in the flesh, but in the light of Jesus Christ according to the Spirit. Jesus is the answer to the world’s greatest and deepest needs. We can trust in Jesus for He is for us and never against us. As Romans says, “And if God be for us then who can be against us?” Today look for ways God has manifested His presence in way we can recognize and we will see His face.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, a warm jacket and carry an umbrella. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you friends, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: