Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

Well, other than really long days and very short nights, I am learning so much. The professor is brilliant, kind, compassionate and a really wonderful teacher. She is laying a remarkable foundation for our future as pastoral care givers and pastoral counselors. (Yes, I have learned the difference between the two!) Today we began to discuss how we would share our faith in our care and counseling and I got to learn more about the remarkable men and women with whom I am in a community of faith.

Mom update: I spoke with Mom and dad both today. They miss each other so much. Mom says her shoulder is sore, but improving. Her legs are not showing as much improvement due to some swelling so she sleeps with pillows under her feet to help reduce the swelling. Please continue to pray for both Mom and Dad.

Prayer: “This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it”. Father, You have created this day for Your purpose. You bless me by allowing me to participate in it. In a world filled with bad news, it is Your desire that I, as a Christian, be Your ambassador of Good news. Give me the courage to share with people that they do not have to live separated from You for all eternity. Through Jesus they can go to heaven where to is no more sin or suffering. Amen.”

Romans 6: 23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

“How often have you heard it said, “Do you want the bad news first, or the good news?” This is how my meditation began this evening. I tell you this because in my reflective writing assignment tonight this is what I wrote about. So it must be meant to examine this further. In this passage of scripture we receive the bad news first, “The wages of sin is death.” If we were left to our own devices after sinning we would die without grace or forgiveness and spend eternity apart from God. This death in its simplest terms is separation from God. We would have no hope and that is bad news! But then we receive the good news, “But the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Jesus’ death on the cross for our sin is the only payment God requires for each of us for all eternity. God gave His Son as the ultimate sacrifice so that we can live with Him for all eternity. This precious gift reverses the death process. When we first trust Christ our spirits come alive in Jesus. Yes, we will all ultimately have a bodily death, but the physical death is not the end…it is a passageway to a life without end with God in heaven. Now that is not only good news, it is the best news of all! When you get a moment, read the news, the good news of Jesus in God’s holy Word.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all. Many thanks for your prayers, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: