Friday, January 27, 2012

Greetings from Howe, Texas

Happy Friday!

I am not sure when this writing will arrive. The internet is being uncooperative at Daddy’s house tonight.

I had some errands to run this morning. I asked Daddy if he wanted to go with us, but he said, “I’d like to spend some time by myself.” So I dropped Bruce off at Starbucks so he could use the internet and then I did my errands. One of my errands was to drop off two lovely wigs at Maxine’s (Mom’s hairdresser). She was going to take them to the cancer center to be given to women who were in cancer treatment and had lost their hair. Daddy has said several times that he does not need Mom’s material possessions. He just wants pictures surrounding him that have her in them. The other thing Daddy has said is that he wants her things to be used. So sometime after Sunday he will call and we will come down and disperse Mom’s possessions among family members who would want them and the rest will be donated. He has been pretty quiet today until dinner time and then he began to talk. Dinner tonight was leftovers from the gargantuan meal the Wednesday Workers provided last night. It was excellent warmed over!

Prayer: “Dear God, I give thanks that You do not give up on us. Show us the path You put before us daily, and give us the strength to walk it. Amen.”

Jeremiah 29:11 “I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

How many times in our lives have we said, “I have really blown it this time?” Here we thought we were doing okay and then the floor disintegrates from beneath our feet. Whether we have caused our own messes or a mess was thrust upon us Jeremiah tells us so clearly that God, the giver of every good and perfect gift, the Creator of all things, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords still has a plan for us. And I have enough faith to believe in the midst of the worst of mistakes or trials, God has a new plan for each of us. I am pretty sure that is why God sent Jesus. And if plan B does not work then there is a plan C. Even if some of us are nearing the end of the alphabet the amazing God we serve always has a plan. God never gives up on us and there is no mistake or sin, or sorrow and grief that can overrule God’s desire to heal us, providing hope and a future. God still works fulfilling His plans for us.

The song I wake up to each morning is “Your Love is Extravagant” by Casting Crowns. God’s extravagant love for each of us is always at work on our behalf to fulfill His plans for us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Count your blessings and say an extra prayer for Daddy and the rest of the family. We give thanks to and for all of you who have been such mighty and faithful prayer warriors. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: