Saturday, January 21, 2012

Greetings from Howe, Texas

A Friday to remember. Today my beloved mother, Genita Rose Helvey, passed away. She died in the arms of Daddy, her beloved husband of just almost 60 years. She left the rehab hospital yesterday. This morning Home Health came out to the house to do her rehab exercises. When they left her vital signs were all perfect. So what does she do? she goes to the beauty shop. Never in all of my life did my mom face any event without getting her hair done! This was a pattern of hers for years. She would get her hair done before any surgery if she had to get a pass from the hospital. If there was ice, blowing snow, hail, torrential rain or gale force wind she was in the car heading for the Hair Flair to sit in Maxine’s chair to get her hair done. And today was no different.

When she left rehab yesterday, she came home to the house she loved, played and talked with Ginger (the big husky they co-habit with), slept with Daddy one last time, got her hair done and then went home. I figure she could not imagine seeing Jesus, Casey, Mamo and her two brothers who preceded her looking a mess. She just quietly closed her eyes as Daddy was helping her in her new lift chair and did not wake up on this side of heaven.

I ask you to please pray for Daddy as he has lost his beloved wife and we have lost our mother but only for a little while. Tomorrow we go to the funeral home to make arrangements for her service which I have been called to write. Please pray for me as I construct the worship that it will be a service that honors the life of Christ in Mom. Thank you and love you all, mighty and comforting prayer warriors.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis and all of our family. Peace, gc.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: