Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy Saturday!

WOW! What a busy 24 hours. I finished classes, exhausted but feeling okay about the class. The one thing I discovered was that after 5 straight days of learning about this counseling education and practice through role plays, this was not only a somewhat physically exhausting week, but a very emotional week as well. I was glad to see it come to an end. I have the final paper to write which is due a week from Monday. So sometime between beginning spring semester and next Monday I will write this paper. Please offer a prayer for me to complete this well.

Sunday is Travis’ 21st birthday. We are taking him to Cooper’s BBQ in Fort Worth after church. We have a few surprises waiting for him and with family joining us we will have a wonderful time. But we will miss Mom and Dad.

Prayer: Jesus, I begin this day, with the acknowledgment that I am a sinner. I rejoice in the fact that You are not flawed. You are the perfect son of God who came to take away my sin. You are the answer to my sin problem. Thank you for being the strong Son of God. Amen.”

Romans 5:12 “Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned.”

Somehow each one of us is related. The one attribute each one of us brings to the table is sin. The apostle Paul even says, “We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” Sin does not know race, creed, color, rich, poor, short, tall etc…We inherited it from the earliest days of folks on the planet. “We sin because we are sinners.” We need Jesus in our hearts and lives because we are sinners. We need Jesus to forgive us of our sin and to heal our brokenness. Jesus took the punishment for our sin on the Cross and we receive the victory in Jesus.

Have a wonderful day! See you in worship. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: