Sunday, January 15, 2012

Blessed Sunday to you all!

Happy Birthday Travis! Today our youngest turned 21. We celebrated his birthday with lots of family this afternoon at Cooper’s BBQ in Ft. Worth. We celebrated with great food, lots of loving family, funny memories of Travis as a little boy and lots of loud laughter. It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

Prayer: “Lord, I begin this day in amazement that You love me and gave Your life for me. Thank You for demonstrating Your love at the Cross. Thank You for showing me love each and every day. Help me to show and speak Your love to others this very day. In Your loving name I pray, Amen.”

Romans 5: 8 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

Do you remember when you were captured by the love of God? When has something you have seen, heard, felt or experienced captured your heart and you knew you were in God’s holy presence? For me, I am captured by God’s love when I sing on Sunday during worship. I am captured by God’s love when I read His Word and it speaks of His love. But that is not near enough. If you read Ephesians 3:18-19, it speaks of the width, length, and depth and height of the love of God through Christ Jesus our Lord. If we really want to be captured by the love of God, then we need to make the walk to Calvary. Calvary is where God demonstrated His extraordinary love for each of us where his Son died for we who are imperfect people and imperfect sinners.

Casting Crowns performs a song that Bruce and I wake up to each morning. The words go something like this, “Your love is extravagant. Your love, it is infinite.” That extravagant love was demonstrated on that Cross at Calvary and the effects of that love are infinite as His love and forgiveness are eternal. Let us live in God’s presence with grateful hearts.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: