Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Thursday!

After class this morning I spent the remainder of the day steeped in Old Testament. I took a take home quiz, did a reflective piece of writing and identified 7 of the 9 terms I was assigned in preparation for finals week. We ordered pizza and salad and at about 9: 45 the brain said, “NO MORE tonight.” Bruce is busy editing my history paper which is due in the morning and the time is late once again. This will be my life for the next two weeks. Please continue to pray and I am ever so grateful that you are in prayer for me and my studies as I am in thankful prayer for you each day.

Prayer: “Lord, I don’t know what to expect in the day ahead. But I do know what I can expect from you. Be my shield and Defender! Strengthen me to be faithful to You and to trust You in all I do and am. Help me to live every minute of this day in the fullness of Your Spirit and grace. In Jesus’ name, Amen!”

Psalm 91: “He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.”

We are so blessed to have a God who is always with us. God refashioned Himself in the body of Jesus and walked among His children showing His perfect love. Hens are not very big, but they protect their young with fierce determination. The psalmist compares this protective love to the love and care God has for us. God cares for us with His grace and covers us with His love. He is the Lord and omnipotent God. God is always prepared to do battle for us and we must only ask. We are loved with the ever-enduring love of God. When troubles come and we are in need of His protection we can be assured that our troubles have already passed through the heart and mind of God and He has a battle plan in place. We will find our strength in the joy of the Lord and His grace will always be sufficient. Because we are joined to God by the Cross of Christ we can rest our troubles and cares in Him who loves us.

Take joy in the journey! Wear comfortable shoes, a warm jacket and carry an umbrella. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

PS I am asking for prayers for a friend who is experiencing extreme family strife. Her situation is heartbreaking as it is filled with brokenness, sadness and loss. Please pray for her peace and the healing of her family. You may not know her name, but God knows who she is. Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors. Peace, gc

No comments: