Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Each Tuesday at Brite there is a chapel service of Word and Table. Each week brings something new. One week it was Episcopal worship, one week we celebrated worship with Spanish speaking believers and today we participated in a service of lesson and carols to begin the season of Advent. It was wonderful. The speaker today talked about how the campus dress seems to change at this time of the year as the preparation for “Holy Finals Week” begins. Instead of jeans and TCU t-shirts the students arrive in class in sweatpants and baggy shirts because it is what they could find after a long night of studying. The prayer life increases a hundred fold and the coffee consumption is over the top! So if you drive down University Drive in Fort Worth this week, beware the sleepy, very comfortably dressed Horned Frogs carrying a large cup of coffee!

Prayer: “Today, Lord, as I go about my business, whether my responsibilities are great or small, remind me of the greatness of Your works. You have made and framed the universe! You sustain and provide for it in all of its vastness and greatness. But thank You for Your thoughts toward me. Your love and care are beyond comprehension. I trust in them today. Amen.”

Psalm 40:5 “Many, O Lord my God, Your wonderful works which You have done; and Your thoughts toward us cannot be recounted more than can be numbered.”

The paper I am writing asks me to write a reflection. The theme of the paper is where Christianity is headed. According to the text, Christianity is stagnant in North America and flourishing in South America, Africa and Southeast Asia. Part of this book deals with the Islamic faith replacing the Christian faith as the primary religion worldwide. I have prayed for God to inspire me in this writing that I may give an honest reflection about how this test has engaged my thinking. In my reflection I must state how the primary purpose for me is to further the cause of God through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. The reflection needs to state my perspective of the cause of Christ and His church. Other religions seem to have conflicting concepts of God as Creator and sustainer. This passage of scripture does not emphasize God the Creator but reminds us of His nature, His care, love and grace toward us. Once again I ask for your prayers as I write to defend Christianity. Join me in prayer that Christianity may be furthered in our nation and the world through each of us and His church.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Thank you all so much for all of your prayerful support. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: