Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

I finished the history paper. This semester has been such a learning curve for me. I wrote this paper differently that I have ever written any paper. I wrote the introduction, beginning, end and conclusion and then I wrote the middle. I really prayed over the middle section. Thank you for all of your prayers. It is really hard to believe that there are only two more class days in this semester.

Prayer: “Heavenly Father, I honor You as the God of history. You are in control of life and human events. Thank you that in Your providence You chose Abraham as Your special servant. Through his descendants, Israel, You brought our Savior, Your Son Jesus, to die for our sins. Strengthen me today confidently to walk in faith and obedience in Your guiding hand. Amen.”

Deuteronomy 4: 7 “For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the Lord our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him?”

There is absolutely no thing that we can not bring before God and discuss with Him in prayer. Moses spoke these words to the nation of Israel before they reached the Promised Land. Even though those stiff necked Hebrew slaves (the Hebrew Bible really does call the slaves stiff necked) had been sinful and disobedient, God still loved them and called them His children. God dealt with Israel with a corrective hand and still provided for them on their journey meeting their needs of food and water when they were in need. God promised His children that He would be their Provider and saw them safely through the desert to the Promised Land.

We, too, have a provider. His name is Jesus, the very Messiah whose birth we celebrate during this season of Advent. The New Covenant reminds us in 2 Corinthians 1:20 “all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him, Amen, to the glory of God through us.” Today I knew the middle of the paper I was writing would cause me to make a stand for Christianity and belief in Christ over the prophet of Islam. I defended Christ using factual resources and my own beliefs. I spent time in prayer before I began to write asking God to guide my thoughts and my words that they not only be academically accurate, but would leave no doubt that I believe in the risen Savior, Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Brite Seminary educates the most diverse community of people with whom I have ever been associated. The atmosphere and attitude of the school is one of acceptance, tolerance and celebration of this extraordinary group of individuals and their individual belief systems. My personal belief is that Jesus is Lord and it is He and He alone who will be there on the Day of Judgment and will judge the world by the Law of the Gospel and no other law. And that is how I spent my day! Please offer one more prayer for this paper and its acceptability to my professor. Thank you my dear friends.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: