Monday, November 28, 2011

Blessed Sunday to you all and happy first Sunday in Advent.

The Christmas tree is set up in its place in the living room. The decorations came down from the attic but will have to wait to be decorated tomorrow evening due to the Christmas lights (which must go on first!). After several years of use, the old lights no longer work and new lights must be purchased tomorrow. So decorating and the watching of White Christmas will have to wait just a bit longer.

Prayer: “Father God, I rejoice in the gift of Your Holy Spirit who dwells within me. May Your Spirit fill my life and pour out Your amazing love in my heart. Open up heaven over my life as I obey You, and pour our Your Spirit in my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

Romans 5:5 “Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.”

As we enter the season of Advent and approach the time of Christmas, the overriding theme is always love. God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the birth of Jesus. Do you remember the overwhelming feeling of love you experienced when your children were born? Do you remember how you thought that you could never love anyone as completely as you loved that precious child? Do you remember how your life was changed forever? The love of God through Christ is found in the overflowing experience of the Holy Spirit as it pours itself into our hearts and begins to dwell. The moment we trust in Jesus we receive the Holy Spirit. As believers in Christ we have received the blessed hope of His love that remains during all of the seasons of our lives. It does not matter whether there are seasons of great victory, extreme loss, gladness or sadness- the love of God remains with us.

As we journey through the season of Advent there are going to be times of gladness, joy, bumpy roads and smooth. Most of all there will be an air of expectation as we await the birth of the Christ Child once again. Let us not anticipate and be disappointed but open our hearts with expectant joy and receive the love of God in Jesus Christ once again.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a jacket. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

PS I will begin my final paper for history class in the morning. Please pray that I will write a paper that is not only academically acceptable, but one that will glorify God. Peace, gc

No comments: