Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

I look forward to this time of the evening. I have gotten my books, bag, purse and coffee cup prepared for class and the coffee maker’s timer is set to go off at 5:45 am . My clothing is laid out. Now I am settling down for a few moments with the Word to write.

Prayer: “Dear Jesus, thank You for dying on the Cross and paying for my sins. Give me the opportunity and the power of the Holy Spirit to love and tell others about You today. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

1 John 5: 2,3 “By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.”

At the interview for ordination last evening I shared with the interviewers how I believe I have been called as an agent of hope. When they asked about my particular calling I told them about Casey and my experiences at MD Anderson Hospital. I shared with them about the care we received with the chaplains assigned to the hospital and how I helped the young wife who would lose her husband within the year. As an agent of hope I believe it to be my task to share the gospel to those who are dying, letting them know they can die with hope. I will also share with their families who will live on after this loved one is gone, that they can live on in that same hope of eternal life in Christ. I think this was revealed to me by God’s inspiration because no one needs to die who hasn’t heard the message of love, grace, forgiveness and hope in Jesus. I cannot imagine having a disease as devastating as cancer and trying to fight it without faith in God.

There are those who are suddenly and tragically taken from our lives and from the lives of those we do not know. How tragic it would be to walk into heaven and be greeted by Jesus and those who have gone on before us, then to turn around to see someone we know standing outside the gate unable to be received into heaven because we did not tell them about Jesus and His love. As children of God we need to talk about our heavenly Father and share His story of love with others.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Please continue your prayers to return health for little Tatum, Sheila (Sheena’s sister) and Uncle Gene. Please pray for Bruce, too, as he leaves for the Kairos prison ministry weekend tomorrow in Wichita Falls. Love you all, mighty and faithful prayer warriors. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Extra prayer: Sheila’s teenage son has been very traumatized by this turn of events in his mother’s life and has run away. Please say an extra prayer for their family. Thank you. Peace, gc

No comments: