Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Monday!

As of late this afternoon, I have been accepted into the ordination process for the Christian Church, Disciples of Christ. The interview was great and the interviewers were very gracious and personable. Bruce figured out tonight that I should be able to finish this degree in two and a half years. So far the journey has been a joyful one. Thank you all, mighty and faithful prayer warriors for your support.

Prayer: “Dear Father, I come to You this morning to say thank You for a brand new day. I look forward to experiencing Your love and grace today. Help me demonstrate that same love and grace to others. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”

1 John 3: 16-18 “By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But who so ever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him? My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and truth.”

John 3:16 is probably the most quoted verse in the Bible. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” It is amazing how those 25 words change lives and are the heart of the gospel. This verse does not mean that God’s love is strawberries and cream and lovin’ all the time. But it does allow for God’s holiness to provide correction for our sin in love through redemption by the death of Jesus Christ.

God’s love provided the Cross of Christ so that we might all receive forgiveness and cleansing and as odd as it may sound it was God’s love that sent Jesus to the cross. When we speak of the resurrection of Christ we are telling of the miracle of God’s love. When we talk about the return of Christ we are testifying the fulfillment of God’s love.

Let us live in God’s love and make it the foundation for all we say and do today and every day.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Please continue praying for my Uncle Gene, Aunt Imogene, Sheena’s sister and our families in Sherman. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: