Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blessed Sunday to you all.

Today we celebrated our great niece’s first birthday. It was a princess birthday. By the end of the day the crown was on the dog and her favorite item was a birthday card that plays the “hot dog” song from the New Mickey Mouse club. The funniest thing that happened was when she was eating ice cream from her aunt’s plate. When it was gone, she cried. We had a wonderful time and by the looks of things Holly will never wear the same outfits for about 3 months. We provided her first “frog gear.”

There is much to pray about this week in our family. My Uncle Gene’s condition is basically unchanged but plans have been made for a service when he passes. My sister-in-law, Sheena’s older sister, slipped into a diabetic coma yesterday and is not expected to awaken. Little Tatum Kate, while almost being finished with the steroids, is facing harsh inpatient chemotherapy.

Matthew 11:28 “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

When I was teaching and going to school, “rest” was something I had only vaguely remembered and I think I had read about! The rest spoken of in this verse of scripture is rest from worry, rest from fear and rest from stress. Jesus invites us not only to come for rest, but to stay and rest awhile. Rest means to stop moving so quickly, take some time to recuperate, calm our hearts and minds and be untroubled.

We are offered a place for our petitions to be offered and to be near to God. When we quiet ourselves before the Father we need to be conscious of God’s very presence and wait until His rest fills our souls. When we find this place of rest there is no fear. In His loving presence there is no want because resting in God’s Holy Presence is strong and sure. All we have to do to experience this wonderful rest is to “Come unto Him…”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Rest in God’s peaceful, soothing peace. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Please pray for strength for Geni as she signs her contract on Thursday and prepares her classroom. Also I have my first ordination interview tomorrow, Monday, September 26 at 5:15. Thank you, friends and mighty prayer warriors. Love you, gc

No comments: