Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy Friday!

Great news! Little Tatum has been pronounced in remission! She gets a week off before she begins another round of treatment. This next treatment will be in a week as an inpatient. We are encouraged because if the last blood work had not come back in good shape she would have gone into the hospital immediately. Please continue your prayers.

My Uncle Gene’s funeral will be on Monday in Sherman. I will be singing the service. I have been asked to sing his favorite, Amazing Grace and at the end sing a rousing “I’ll Fly Away.” What a great send off!

Geni finished in her room today and is a bit nervous about Monday. She met her students today. Two of them cried and the rest of them bragged to their friends that they got the pretty, young teacher! Please continue to offer prayers for her success.

Prayer: “The psalmist said, “This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118: 24). Help me, Father, to rejoice in Your love and grace, and to be ready always to say, ”Yes, Lord!” I want to show You how much I love You today by the way I obey Your commands. In Jesus ‘ name I pray. Amen.”

John 14: 21, 23 “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him…If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love Him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”

We sing this great song in worship with a chorus that says, “Yes, Lord! Yes, Lord! Yes, Yes, Lord! Amen! As we sing this there are children and others in the congregation who are jumping up and down with their hands in the air singing this chorus. You know these two words “Yes, Lord!” can be the answer to just about any situation to which God calls us. When we say, “Yes, Lord,” we are acting in obedience to the call of God in our lives. These words tell God that we trust Him for the outcome of our uncertainty. We are telling God that our hearts are open to His leading and that we will open our hands with generosity to others and that we are choosing to obey Christ. The safest place for us to be is in the center of God’s will. So when a difficult time or adversity enters our life then let us try to remember to begin the prayer with “Yes, Lord, I claim victory in Your name over this time and believe that Your will is the safest place for me to be.”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Thank you, mighty, faithful and wonderful prayer warriors. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: