Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Bruce got the last of the stitches out of the incision today. The nurses at Doc’s office were amazed at how well he was doing and praised him for his rapid recovery. Robin, from doc’s office, told him to walk no more than two miles per day. We then went over to the hospital to investigate cardiac rehab. It is in the basement of Arlington Memorial. They already had his paperwork and greeted him with shock and astonishment that he was only two weeks out of surgery and we progressing so very well. We will go in for consultation next Tuesday and begin Cardiac Rehab on Wednesday. How cool is that!?

I looked at my fall schedule today. In my searching I discovered that that one of my classes only has two students enrolled. I hope the site has just not been updated in a while and the class will still make.

Geni went over to see her new store today and was very impressed. Travis went with her and said that it is really a very nice store and it seems to be really busy. We dropped by the store where they both work now about mid-afternoon and it was busy. I think it had a lot to do with the oppressive heat.

Prayer: “Father, may I follow the example of Jesus and surrender completely to Your will. I abandon all thoughts of selfish gain or worldly success and submit my life to Your desires. I commit this day to You. May You be honored in everything I think, say, and do. Amen.”

Luke 22:40—42 “When He came to the place, He said to them, “Pray that you may not enter into temptation.” And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and prayed, saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not My will, but Yours be done.”

I think of all the passages of scripture this passage is the one that we must all eventually live out sometime in our lives. The only way to achieve surrender, the kind of surrender that Jesus models and teaches, is through daily communion and total trust in our Savior. Jesus modeled obedience and faithful determination to carry out the plan of redemption and perfectly follow His Father’s plan. Jesus lived, taught and modeled a life of personal holiness. Living a life of personal holiness will always lead to a life of obedience.

In this passage there are two purposes for prayer. The first command is to pray that we would not enter into temptation. This part of the scripture is the prayer for holiness. We must seek and have fellowship with God continuously to lead a life of holy living. Then we must pray that God’s will be done in our lives - not our will. This is the prayer for obedience.

I believe of all the commands God gives us this “not my will but Your will” is the toughest. God gave us free will. But within that free will we are free through the blood of Jesus to trustingly and securely surrender our will over to the Father believing that promise that “All things work for good to those who love the Lord.”
Prayer is not asking God to act on our own will, but aligning our will to God’s will. Our personal agendas, plans and aspirations must take a backseat to what God wills for our lives.

So here is tonight’s thought…when we have our prayer time do we give God a list of instructions and an agenda for Him to fulfill or do we report for duty?

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a hat! Drink plenty of water. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When we pray let us listen to what God wants us to do and with all of our trust and surrender show up for duty! Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

PS Carme arrived home safely last night. Praise God!

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: