Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Bruce is still progressing very well. Other than a small problem with sleep all seems to be going as expected and a bit ahead of the game. Today, Bruce was picked up by a friend and attended the Property Committee of which he is a part. I think it felt pretty good for him to go out and do something “normal.” Also, he experienced his first sneeze last evening. Serious bummer! It was a surprise sneeze so there was no time to grab the heart pillow. Yes, it really hurt, but being the champion he is he made it through. Sneezes, when you have had your chest cracked open, are the pits!

Prayer: “Loving Savior, than You for Your measureless grace and boundless love. Today, may I experience and display Your love. Amen.”

Philippians 18:9 “God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ. And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment.”

“They will know we are Christians by our love.” I have been singing this song for most of my life and I even remember when it was a new song. In truth when I first heard it it was not one of my favorites. But through the years God shows me more of the meaning of this piece of music.

We cannot build a life devoted to God’s glory if the foundation is not love. We can do good works and have good morals, but if we do not have love then we are just obeying earthly laws. The God of scripture is love and He instructs us to love as He loves. Paul prayed for believers not just to begin to love, but that the love of God through the Holy Spirit would abound throughout the earth and be a ever flowing stream of love. Scripture often uses the image of a mighty flowing river running from His heart to the lowest places of all.

Knowledge is not just information we have learned. Knowledge is the devotion to God’s Word. Discernment is the Holy Spirit’s leading in the life of a believer. So as we seek to live for God’s glory, we need knowledge and discernment, but we must start with love! So how do we learn to love? We pray. When we access God’s love through prayer we can conquer anything. Of all of the things Satan could choose to try and separate us from God, he tries to take away our life of prayer. Satan works so hard to stop our communication with the Father. Prayer is our greatest weapon against Satan. When we call on God, He shows up and Satan no longer has any power. Satan cannot live on the holy ground of God’s love. Stay on holy ground and love as God has taught us to love.

Take joy in the journey. Wear a hat, comfortable shoes and drink plenty of water. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Count on Christ because He is counting on you! Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: