Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy Friday!

Bruce continues to get stronger each day and accomplishing more each day. Today he announced that he was ready for cardiac rehab.

Prayer: “Father, teach me to pray for others more than I pray for myself. Today, bring someone to my attention who needs the ministry of prayer. Amen.”

2 Corinthians 13; 7-9 “I pray to God that you do no evil, not that we should appear approved, but that you should do what is honorable, though we may seem disqualified. For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong. And this also we pray, that you may be made complete.”

The apostle Paul was in constant prayer for the needs of others. We are called to lift the needs of others to the throne of grace. Prayer is more than mentioning our needs and the needs of others to God. This type of praying calls us to connect with God very intimately and to intercede for the needs of others faithfully.

The greatest gift God has given us is the power and ability to pray. It is not the only gift we have been given, but it is the chief gift we have been given. It is how we connect and communicate with God. The most powerful prayer warriors are those who do not just talk about prayer or those who say they believe in prayer or even those who explain about prayer. Those who are true prayer warriors are those who take the time to pray.

Think about the last time you prayed for someone more than you prayed for yourself. When Paul prayed, he prayed with the kingdom in his thoughts. He prayed for reconciliations between individuals and churches. He prayed for individuals to be reconciled unto God and with other believers. And then he prayed for the churches to be reconciled unto the direction and will of God. Paul’s purpose in his prayer was not so he would “appear approved,” but so believers would do “what is honorable.” Prayer aligns us with God and when we are aligned, walking side by side with God, then we are “made complete.”

Take joy in the journey. Wear a hat, comfortable shoes and drink plenty of water. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Count on Christ because He is counting on you! Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: