Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Monday!

WOW! Super busy day! We were at the hospital at 8:00 this morning for registration and pre-assessment. I was very impressed with their new procedures and the speed and efficiency with which they accomplished the tasks. All of the pre-assessment procedures were done right there within a few feet of each other. We did not have to travel to three different places for the EKG, blood draw, urinalysis and chest x-ray. Then, the check-up was perfect at the dentist office and we are a go for tomorrow. We must be at the hospital at 5:15 AM and surgery is scheduled for 7:15. Not sure how long the procedure will take. If you are a Facebooker then you can put it out there since I am not a FB’er.

We spent a wonderful evening with one of Bruce’s brothers and his sister tonight along with our nephew and his family. There were nine around the dinner table. We had a great time and it meant so much to Bruce. Our friend David Russell is coming in on Friday and I think Bruce’s other brother and his wife are coming in over the week end. Members of my side of the family will be here in the morning. Family is wonderful!

Prayer: “Lord, I thank You for a new week and a new day. As I begin, I pray that You will speak to my heart in new ways. Reveal to me the areas of my life that are out of sync with You. Give me the courage to be quiet and listen, and then to obey what you reveal to me. I know there are areas of my life that need a course correction. Change me, oh God, from the inside out. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”

1 John 3:7 “Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. “

Living in a right relationship with God and conforming to God’s character means that we live in righteousness. God is our standard. He is our teacher and we are the students. The pursuit of Christ and His standard for truth builds safeguards against deception. Deception leads to betrayal and hurt. The road to healing is a difficult road because there is no band-aid or aspirin that can be placed over that wound.

When someone betrays or deceives us the hurt is deep and our trust is shattered. We must remember that Christ is not one who would ever betray, hurt or deceive us.

God’s Word speaks only truth and the truth it speaks is the truth of love. If we are in constant communion and fellowship with God then we will be able to remember what is right and then act on what is right and true and not what is flattering. And when we have fallen prey to a deception by someone we know our response must be to forgive them because we have been forgiven and keep our eyes fixed on Christ.

My friends I thank you all so very much for all of your prayers support. Today please pray for perfection in the hands of all who attend Bruce; everyone from the surgeon to the housekeeper who sanitizes the room and all who are in between. Pray for me and the children to wait on word for the OR during this procedure. Helps us to wait without fear and to keep our eyes fixed on Christ, believing that Jesus will be in the room.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Protect yourself with the power of the Word of God and do not be deceived. God loves us so very much. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: