Monday, July 18, 2011

Blessed Sunday to you all.

Prayer: “Thank You, Father, for your teachings. You have taught me that we receive that for which we ask, obtain that for which we seek and have that door opened at which we knock. Amen.”

Matthew 8: 26 “And He said to them, Why are you fearful, O you of little faith? Then He rose and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.”

I needed this passage of scripture tonight. Scripture is here for encouragement, affirmation, instruction and correction. I have experienced scripture in all of these ways. God has many things to teach us. One of the most important things is that God will not withhold His presence from us. God will not withhold His truth from us. But, God, being the master Teacher, reveals to us what we need when we need it and only as much as we can understand.

Jesus does not teach us when we are going through a storm. God teaches us on the mountain slopes as we are making the climb. We rejoice on top of the mountain and we are calm and peaceful in the valley, but it is on the slope of the mountain where we grow. God teaches us the Truths of His heart and His Kingdom as He leads us up each mountain we are asked to climb. The best part is that God calls us to rest with Him and learn while we climb. Isn’t God good?!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes (maybe we all ought to invest in some hiking boots!) Count your blessings and say your prayers. Give thanks to God for His continuous presence in our lives. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: