Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Prayer: “Father I praise You for Your mighty works. I see You at work in the world, in the church and in my own life. Work in and through me today. May I accomplish the work that You placed me on this earth to do for your glory. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Psalm 111: 2-4 “Let them praise the name of the Lord, for He commanded and they were created. He also established them forever and ever; He made a decree which shall not pass away.”

In my meditation tonight the final statement says, “There is nothing wrong with retiring from a job, but there is something wrong from retiring from work. When you retire from a job, it gives you more time to do God’s work.” ( I read this meditation several times since it seemed to be glaring at me from the page.)

The psalmist in this verse glories in the works of God. But the greatest of God’s works is salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ. No other work of God compares to this one work. No other work brings more glory to God than this one. The Lord’s Supper represents the greatest redemptive work God has ever created. May we always remember the price paid in blood on the cross. May we never forget the cost of the love poured out in that blood. May we always remember that salvation is the work of God and not of man. It is by God’s grace alone and not our works that salvation is achieved.

As a career educator and believer I have always looked at my teaching career as a type of ministry. Due to the limitations of the law sometimes the most I can do is pray for my students and hopefully be a model of the Godly life for those I teach, their families and those with whom I work. Now, as I transition from being an educator to becoming the educated in a seminary, I will be freer to discuss scripture, pray openly and be in fellowship with others who are taking on the Christian ministry as not just a way of life, but as a career. The work of Christ within me will not stop - it will just change a bit. I ask you to be in prayer for me as I make this transition and learn to be Christ’s servant and representative.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Give thanks for your blessings and the good works God has done in you. Say your prayers and remember that God works in us through His Holy Spirit no matter what is going on in our lives. God is there in the midst guiding and strengthening us as we journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: