Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Monday!

Prayer: “Father, throughout this day, help me to focus not on circumstances or difficulties, but on You. I confess that You are God and I am not. Many people in the world don’t know You. Use my life to point them to You. Amen.”

Psalm 66: 5-7 “Come and see the works of God. He is awesome in His doing toward the sons of men. He turned the sea into dry land; they went through the river on foot. There we will rejoice in Him. He rules by His power forever, His eyes observe the nations; do not let the rebellious exalt themselves.”

In tonight’s meditation I am reminded how we do not see the vastness of God. One of the questions in the devotional writing was “Did it ever occur to you that nothing ever occurs to God?” God sees whatever we are going through right now and the possible obstacles in our path.

As an educator in Texas just a few months ago I was surprised and shocked (as well as the rest of my faculty) at the “Crisis in the Classroom” with all of the budget cuts and teachers losing their jobs, but with God there are no surprises. The obstacles we face each day to God are opportunity to show just how powerful God is. God is so much bigger than our problems. And if we offer our problems and obstacles to God then He will go before us and make a way. You know if God opened the Red Sea to let the nation of Israel cross over safely on dry land and be out of the reach of Pharaoh’s army, just imagine what God will do for us if we but surrender our wills to Him and allow Him to safely guide us across our own Red Seas.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When we pray tonight let us remember to surrender our obstacles to God and believe that He will make a way when there seems to be no way. He is always there with us in the midst of whatever Red Sea we must cross. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Travis alert! Tonight at his daily workout/strong man training session he quarter lifted 1000 pounds! OMG!

No comments: