Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Prayer: “God, I worship You in Your holiness. Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me. Help me to think pure thoughts and have a pure heart. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Psalm 68: 35 “O God, You are more awesome than Your holy places. The God of Israel is He who gives strength and power to His people. Blessed be God!”

I have come home each day for the last few days to new cards and gifts sent for Geni. Our friends and family have sent money in the form of checks and gift cards or boxes with treasures inside. These dear ones are honoring Geni for her accomplishments and showing their love for her with these gifts.

God cares for us so very much and we know because of the gifts He gives us. God has given us important gifts. He has given us His holiness. At the cross Jesus took all of our sin upon Himself and replaced it with His righteousness. God gave us His own letter of love in the Holy Scriptures to remind us of the Comforter who lives in each of us in the Holy Spirit.

God also gave us His strength and power. God looks for those of us through which He can show Himself. When we are weak then God is made strong. The body of Jesus was made weak to the point of death so that the power of God could be made strong. We claim this gift in Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” God is able to do all things exceedingly and abundantly. God does not need us, but God chooses us because of His love for us. Nothing is too difficult for God even those of us who have to be reminded that God is God and we are not! God raised Jesus from the dead so that His power could be made known in Him, and so that we, too, could live in resurrection power today and forever!

Take joy in this amazing journey! Count your many blessings. Give thanks for God’s blessings and gifts. Say your prayers. When you pray tonight remember there is nothing we go through that God is not there with us. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS count down to Geni’s graduation is three days!

PSS I made a B in my Congregational leadership class and I have moved up from #9 to #6 on the waiting list for my class this summer. It could happen!

No comments: