Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy Saturday!

What an awesome day! I went to Sherman to see Mom today and she is doing so much better. Her blood pressure is returning to normal and her kidney function finally turned the corner last night and is greatly improved today. She doesn’t like having her liquids restricted, but she is hanging in there and is just really ready to go home. I also got to see Ken, Sheena and little Holly. It was a wonderful visit.

After lunch we returned to the hospital in time to see Daddy and hear that the doc is planning to dismiss Mom on Monday after Daddy gets off work! It was a wonderful day!

Prayer: “Lord, please grant me a clean heart. May the searchlight of Your Holy Spirit examine my thoughts and actions and reveal my wicked thoughts, actions or words in my life today. As You bring them to mind, I confess them before You and ask for forgiveness. Thank You for Your promise that if I confess my sins, You will forgive and cleanse me from all of them. In Jesus’ name. Amen”

Proverbs12: 13-14 “The wicked is ensnared by the transgression of his lips, but the righteous will come through trouble. A man will be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth and the recompense of a man’s hands will be rendered to him.”

Just in case you think you are having a déjà vu, that was the passage from last night. Last night I talked about truth. Truth is so important. God calls each of us to speak, live and act in truth. Tonight I want to think about God’s promises. In this passage of scripture it says, ”the righteous will come through trouble.” It does not say that we will be sheltered from trouble or that trouble and difficult times will not come our way. It does say, that no matter what the trouble, trial, difficulty or hard time, we will come through it because of our righteousness made manifest in our belief in Jesus Christ. Once we have committed ourselves to Christ then He commits Himself to us. Proverbs 3:6 says that if we acknowledge the Lord as our Savior then “He shall direct our paths.”

So we have a God who is the author of truth and will see us through every step we take whether in joy or sorrow or rocky path.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Remember that all of us are fighting some sort of battle. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Praises and Thank you’s…today I went by a Starbucks in McKinney to get some tea for the trip home. They were demonstrating their new petite bakery treats. I managed to resist temptation and gave my bakery treat to the person behind me! Lead me not into temptation…(for I can find it myself!) I am down 5 pounds since Thursday. (Don’t stop praying!)

Geni has taken her second test and has one more to go.

Please continue to pray for us. gc

No comments: