Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blessed Sunday to you all!

Zechariah 4:6 “Not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit, with the Lord of Hosts.”

Except for making my first ‘Gumbo” today, I spent this morning in worship and the remainder of the time studying. My hand is so tired. I am still a bit old school that I have to hand write my responses so I can remember them better. I have two more late afternoons and one evening to get ready for this test. It is a massive amount of information and I am really nervous that I am not going to be able to remember all I need to know to do well.

In my meditation tonight, I am reminded of whom I am doing all of this work. I am not working for me, I am working for God. This passage of scripture reminds me that God is working with me and I am to remember to invite Him into my study time. God has been seeking an invitation into my time of study. I need to invite Him in order for me to remember what I need to know for this test. If I do not invite Him into my thoughts and concentration then what I am learning will not be lasting.

Every time I have encountered Bruce or anyone else today I have said, “I don’t know how I am going to remember all of this.” Bruce’s wise response to me is a very calm, “Gaylene, God will give you what you need when you need it. He will give you the knowledge you seek.” To quote the meditation from tonight, “How silently My Spirit works. How gently and gradually souls are led into My Kingdom.” Bruce became the vessel for the gentle reminder of God’s presence.

As I study I realize I am the ground God is preparing. Prayerfully, I will serve Him as His representative to those in need some day. If I become hard ground and do not allow Him to be a part of all I do (including studying for a test) the seed of wisdom cannot be planted and will not grow. So once again I surrender my sometimes rock hard soul over to the gentle gardener to plant the seed so that it may grow in the soil He has chosen.

I ask you to pray for me as I attempt to absorb and remember this mountain of information. I also ask that God will clear my mind to receive His Holy Presence. And thanks for praying for Geni as she takes her exit exams. She has one down and two to go. The next one is Saturday.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. (Speaking of which, today I wore a pair of 4 hour shoes. They lasted until sending at the end of the service then off they came!) Count your blessings and say your payers. Remember that each one of us is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: