Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Friday!

Prayer: “Heavenly Father, I pray to live a godly life; a life worthy of Your praise. Allow me to serve you today in a spirit of truth, compassion and love for others just as you love. Amen.”

Luke 9: 23 “If any man will come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily, and follow me.”

Did you ever wish that there was a situation in which you did not have to be a part? I am sure at some time or another all of us have had to do something we just did not want to do. It is in this situation that Jesus was, for just a moment, at His most human.

When Jesus was in the Garden of Gethsemane He prayed to His Father to let this cup pass from Him. Jesus knew what His task was and there was no turning back, but He had to ask. God allowed Him to be human with all of the emotions and human frailties that humans carry around.

I think that the reason this is such a holy moment is because the Garden is the place we all find ourselves at some point. It is the place where we meet God and surrender our wills over to the will of the Father. Jesus did not want to go to the cross, but because He knew it was in His Father’s plan He spoke those words we have heard all of our lives, “Not My will but Thy will be done.” It is the holiest moment in the life of our Savior.

For us to reach a place of holiness we, too, must be willing to put ourselves aside. We must be willing to be obedient to the Father so that the glory of God is revealed.

Jesus was not alone in the Garden that night. His Father was there and guided Jesus to a higher level of holiness. Jesus achieved this holiness in the same way we are made holy. We are made holy through studying the Word, studying about the life of Jesus, living in God’s Presence and worshiping God. The battle was not won on the cross. The battle was won in the garden. Take your battles to the garden and God will meet you there.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer each day remembering that each of us is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer requests: Geni is taking one of her 3 exit exams tomorrow and is a bit nervous about it. Please pray that she may focus on what she knows and is able to retrieve that knowledge appropriately. Also, I have a huge mid-term test on Tuesday night. I ask your prayers for effective study time and memory during the test. Thanks. Peace, gc

No comments: