Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Monday!

Prayer: “Lord, I rejoice in the living relationship I enjoy with You by faith in Jesus. Thank you so much for freedom from the law, for new life in Christ, and for the energy it brings to all that I do. I acknowledge that Jesus conquered sin, death, and the grave. So today, Lord Jesus, empower me to walk in Your resurrection power and to bear true, lasting fruit for you. Amen!”

Romans 7:4 “My friends, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.”

When we accept Christ and join into fellowship with Him we become one with Him through the power of the Holy Spirit. It is the most intimate relationship we have which is why the Apostle Paul calls it a marriage. Once this relationship is established because of the death and resurrection of Jesus then our salvation is eternal. But while we are serving here on this side of heaven we are called to nurture this relationship through prayer, worship and fellowship with other believers and to bear fruit. The seed of Christ has been planted within each of us and now it is our service to nurture the seed, bear the fruit so that others might see and believe. When we bear fruit we pass along the seeds to others and the fruit of the Holy Spirit continues on in others. Our most productive service to God is to share the story of Christ with those we meet and let Him tend the garden.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other each day remembering that we are all fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: