Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blessed Sunday!

The music of our cantata was beautiful this morning. The Festival Choir, the JOY choir, handbell ensemble and the Sequin High School Orchestra sang and played beautifully and helped all present to remember why we celebrate this season of Advent by getting us ready for the coming of the Christ Child.

Isaiah 14:3 “And it shall come to pass in the day that the Lord shall give you rest from your sorrows and from your fear, and from the hard bondage where you were made to serve.”

This week is really busy for me. Tomorrow the first grade classes will go on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad that has been transformed into the Polar Express train. On Wednesday our worship group from my class at Brite will lead our classmates in worship with the theme of Pentecost Sunday. I am preaching that day so pray for us as we lead worship. This weekend is my entrance approval interview to be held on Friday at 10:00. WOW!

I must admit I am entering this busy week with a bit of anxiety as there are so many responsibilities that rest on my shoulders. Scripture tells me that I am to be anxious for nothing but by prayer and supplication make my desires known to God.

There are so many different feelings about all of these events that are causing some anxiety this week. This week I will begin to close out a life I have known for the last 30 plus years and making strides toward a new future. This week with all of its busyness - I must rest in God. I must trust in Him for strength and clear thinking. I must not allow fear to enter into my realm of thinking or action. Fear is one of the most powerful forces that Satan has to cloud our thinking and cause us to doubt what God has placed before us.

So this week I think I will spend a great deal of time in prayer. I will spend time in God’s presence and be ever mindful of the fact that no matter what - God will be there. (Praying without ceasing comes to mind really strong!) In my meditation tonight it states, “Fear of the future—Jesus will be with us. Fear of poverty—Jesus will provide and Jesus will provide guidance when we are tempted to walk in fear.”

I solicit your prayers for me, that I have a calm spirit and that I am in continual communion with God through the power of the Holy Spirit and that God’s Will would be accomplished as He desires. Thank you my dear friends and mighty prayer warriors.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: